Saturday, July 28, 2007

Tokyo: Asakusa/Ginza with Mum and Dad

23rd July, 2007

Steve’s course started today so it was up to me to guide Mum and Dad around Tokyo. I was feeling a little nervous but I managed to find my way around to the places we needed to go. We headed to Asakusa today – somewhere I have been before but I thought was a good place to take mum and dad. They seemed to really enjoy it. We browsed the souvenir street which was decorated differently this time. I am guessing it changes with the season as last time there were cherry blossoms lining the streets and this time there were trees with green leaves. After we walked the street we headed to the temples and shrines.
I still thought they were amazing even though I had seen them before.

Ginza was out next stop. Mum and Dad had heard about Ginza and wanted to browse the streets. It was nice to just window shop (I think that is all I would be able to afford in that street!!)



We then went to Tokyo station to eat dinner before it was time to pick up Marie from the train station. Boy was it an effort to try and work out where to meet her. I had to really concentrate hard and use all the Japanese I knew to find the correct place to be. Thank goodness we managed to find her!!

No comments: