Thursday, July 19, 2007

Osaka with Alicia

14th July, 2007

I had to act as another guide today as Alicia and I were heading to Osaka for the day. The weather hadn’t improved since yesterday so again we took our umbrellas and went on our way to Osaka.
I was going to take Alicia to the Osaka Castle but as it was pouring with rain I didn’t think that it would be the best idea. So we decided to have a shopping day. Our first stop was Yodabashi – an amazing electrical store (AND pretty much everything). We tend to spend a lot of time in this store. It caters for everyone!! Alicia was amazed at how huge this store was. It took her a while to believe what she was seeing. After we browsed Yodabashi we headed to Shinsaibashi mall which is gigantic and great for shopping. I often buy clothes from this mall. We then headed to the River area and I found the moss covered shrine – Alicia thought that it was pretty amazing considering it was tucked away in a little alley way (I can’t believe that I even found it!). The rain had not let up all day and we were getting hungry so I took Alicia to the place where I first went for dinner in Japan. Here Alicia got to experience sitting on the floor and eating a HUGE Japanese meal. I tried eel for the first time tonight. It was actually quite tasty.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a wonderful job at being my guide. Well done.
Alicia

Laura said...

Not sure about the eel! You are very brave.