Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The Things I LOVE About Japan!!

Japan is such a wonderful and beautiful country and I am glad that I have been given the opportunity to live in it for a year. Japan is very different to Australia and I thought that I would share with you all the things that I love about Japan. These are in no particular order.

1. The interesting history that is still alive in Japan.
2. The amazing culture and traditions that people respect.
3. The many festivals that I have experienced.
4. The beautiful scenery that I get to see everyday.
5. The very distinct four seasons.
6. Himeji Castle.
7. The different varieties of food.
8. The kind, helpful, friendly nature of the people.
9. The way shop assistants rush to help you.
10. The well behaved students.
11. The fashion.
12. The 100 yen shop.
13. Riding bicycles with baskets.
14. Sleeping on the train.
15. All the varieties of vending machines.
16. Purikura.
17. The convenient stores that are on pretty much every corner.
18. The fact the shops are open everyday until late.
19. All the ‘cutsie’ characters that decorate everything from stationery to chopsticks.
20. The hustle and bustle in some cities and then quiet, peaceful nature in others.
21. The souvenir shops.
22. Cheap alcohol.
23. The fact that you can travel an hour and be in a different city.
24. Mobile phone bling.
25. Experiencing different things all the time.
26. All the little noises that the Japanese people make eg 'eeeehhhhh???'.
27. The different Japanese hand gestures.
28. The fact that life for me here is like one big holiday.
29. Karaoke.
30. The soft serve icecream.

I have enjoyed every minute of my time here so far and I intend to do the same for the remainder of the year.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I love Japan too! The mobile phone bling is fantastic - i might have an addiction!

Taube said...

Ditto!!! What more can I say? It's heaps awesome!