Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Skiing At Resutsu Ski Resort

18th December, 2007

We caught the bus for two and a half hours to get to the ski fields today. I was so excited and couldn’t wait to go skiing. I haven’t been skiing for 12 years so I wasn’t sure how I was going to go but I guess it’s like a bike, you just hop back on and it all comes back to you!!

We geared up in our snow gear and headed for the fields. Marie and I were wearing pretty neutral colours as we bought some ski pants before we went to the snow.


Lauren on the other hand looked like she had stepped back into the 80’s with her gear that she borrowed from Kyosuke. It was quite a funny sight really but at least she was warm and was not getting wet.

We all hired skis. Lauren had never skied before and was a little nervous and so were Marie and I as we hadn’t done it for a while, so before we went up in a lift we just went up a small slope to practice. We tried to teach Lauren how to ski and she was trying really hard to give it a go but decided in the end that she didn’t want to go up the lift and would just rather practice on small slopes. Marie and I were ready to hit the slopes - well the beginner ones anyway. They were big enough.

Lauren falling over.

Marie and I going up on the chair lift.

We were very nervous and worried at first because we didn’t want to hurt our knees so we just took it easy. It was really fun. After we had a few goes we became more confident and tried another beginner slope. I really enjoyed skiing and now that I feel more confident I can’t wait to go again tomorrow to a different ski field. I actually didn’t even fall over once - pretty amazing huh??!! Maybe I will try and challenge myself a little more tomorrow and try a more difficult slope. I will see how I feel I guess....

Me skiing

Marie skiing

Marie and I skiing down the mountain.

Some beautiful scenery.

The 3 of us in the snow.

After we were done skiing and had given our skis back we had some time to kill before the bus picked us up to take us home so we decided to go back outside and make a snowman. Such big kids!!! How cute is it though??!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Skiing was so hard but you taught me well! I managed to stay up by the end!