Monday, December 3, 2007

Kyoto Markets

25th November, 2007

Steve, Lauren and I headed to Kyoto to check out the markets that only happen twice a month. The markets were at Kitano Tenmangu Shrine. It was a great experience and I am glad that I was able to get there to see them. There were many things to look at from old kimons to plates, pots and paintings. It was interesting to see the types of things they were selling. It was very busy and trying to get through all the people was a challenge in itself.

The markets

Once we had a look at the markets we wondered through the shrine area. I still can’t get over how different each one is. This shrine had beautiful gold lanterns around it.

The shrine

The gold lanterns

The gold lantern up close.

Once we had finished here we headed to another shrine but found that it was closed. As it is getting colder the shrines and temples close earlier than usual. We decided to just wonder around the area that we were in and discovered a beautiful park which had many autumn trees in it and was just stunning. We roamed around for a while admiring our view.

Around the park

Beautiful autumn leaves

A bell surrounded by beautiful autumn leaves.

We then headed to the mall to do some shopping before we ate dinner at a restaurant that Steve, Marie and I ate at the very first time we went to Kyoto. It was just as delicious the second time round. I really enjoyed this trip and am looking forward to going to Kyoto again maybe one more time.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I really enjoyed this day with you and Steve. Kyoto is just so beautiful - I hope this was not my last time to visit here:(