Saturday, December 15, 2007

Farewell with Shogai University Students #2

12th December, 2007

Today was my last class with the uni students. Before the last class one of my classes took me out for lunch. We went to a restaurant around the corner from the university which was really nice.

Masayoshi started off the party with an opening speech. I am amazed at how much his English has improved throughout the year. The party began with a song that the students had rehearsed using bells. It was really wonderful that they had gone to that much effort. We then sang some Christmas carols in English which was also really nice. I really liked the way the students went to an effort to make the party nice and special.


We had lots of food to eat. We started with an entree which was really delicious.

We then had some soup.

Next came the main - I chose steak. It was very tasty!!

We then had a choice of two desserts. I chose choc banana and cheese cake. They were both equally delicious.

Everyone then stood up and said a farewell message to me. It was really touching what everyone said. The level of English spoken was amazing and I managed to have a tear or two in my eyes. It’s really sad to be saying our goodbyes to everyone. I really enjoyed teaching at the university and I will miss my students greatly. They were a fantastic bunch of people to meet and I am very privileged to have met them.

Group 1

Group 2

Group 3

Group 4

All of us.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Wow you are really lucky as you have met some really nice people through the university and what a nice farewell!