Thursday, December 20, 2007

I Love Skiing!!!

19th December, 2007

Today was another day for skiing. We headed to Kiroro Mountain to check out the ski fields there. When we arrived it was snowing and it continued to snow all day. It was a little bit colder than yesterday and by the end of the day my hands were frozen but I loved every minute of it. The trees were all white and the ski fields here seemed a lot more open than yesterdays ones.



I found the slopes a lot more steeper even though they were meant to be beginners but I enjoyed the challenge of them. Marie on the other hand was very scared and cautious to go down the mountain. She was skiing at snails pace so I kept waiting for her at the bottom of each hill. At one point she threw a tantrum and just stopped half way down the hill because she was too scared to go any further. She waited there for about 20 minutes not doing anything and then decided to sit down in the snow. Meanwhile I was waiting for her to come down to where I was. Eventually I yelled at her to take her skis off and to walk down but she was even too scared to do that so she ended up sliding down the hill on her butt like a slippery dip. It was pretty funny to watch but slightly embarrassing and I was just cracking up laughing at her the whole time. We made it down the bottom after about 45 minutes. That was the first and last time Marie tried that slope. I on the other hand had another 3 goes at it and condensed my time from 45 minutes to about 20 minutes. We then tried some easier slopes which were more fun and at Marie’s level so she felt much more confident skiing down them.

While Marie and I were skiing Lauren was practicing her snowboarding. She eventually worked out how to get up and managed to snowboard down a little slope.

Marie and Lauren then decided to have an onsen while I continued skiing for a little while longer. I tried some other slopes on my own which I really enjoyed. It was getting a little darker so the lights came on for night skiing and I took a really cool photo from half way down one of the slopes while snow was falling.

I much preferred todays slopes to yesterdays as they were slighty more difficult and challenging. Skiing is really fun and I hope to go a lot more often in the future.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Today was great - snowboarding was a lot easier than skiing - you are too good!