Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Okinawa: Our Snorkeling Adventure

26th August, 2007

I was so excited because we had planned to go on a snorkeling tour in the afternoon. This was something that I was really looking forward to. We got geared up with some wet suits and snorkeling masks and hopped on the boat to be taken to the reef. Once again the tour guides were Japanese and had limited English so we had fun trying to work out what was going on. We always seem to manage to get the gist of what is happening. The reef was probably not even half an hour away by boat which was good as we were really keen to just get in the water and check out the underwater scene. The water was just glorious. So blue and green and inviting that you just wanted to jump right in.

We got our wet suits on, put our masks on and we were off. We had about 2 hours of looking at the most amazing reef that I have ever seen. I have snorkeled about 3 times before but have never seen anything like this so for me this was magnificent. The colours in the coral were spectacular. There were many blues and purples which looked stunning. The variety of fish I saw was also amazing. I just picked a fish and followed it for ages just watching what it was doing. It was so much fun. Lauren bought an underwater camera and managed to take some cool pictures of what we saw. Of course the photos didn’t do it justice but it is an idea.



The tour guides were very nice and made us feel comfortable. Snorkeling was my favourite thing on the trip. I wish I could do it more often.

After our tour we went to the souvenir section in our hotel where we each bought a leaf necklace made out of a blue stone which is famous in Okinawa. It is such an amazing stone that we all wanted to buy something. The leaf was all of our favourites so we each bought one. I also bought a ring to match. Here we are with our new necklaces.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love our leaves and I love the snorkelling tour guides :)