Thursday, September 27, 2007

Beautiful Moon = Moon Viewing Festival

25th September, 2007

Mum and Dad were back in town. They arrived just as there was a festival so of course they had to come along too. This festival was held in front of the castle and was just beautiful. The moon looked amazing.

We brought our own picnic tea, sat under the moon and watched the various performances going on. Dad and I even got into the sake (Japanese rice wine) which is very popular at festivals. You pay ¥500 and can drink as much as you want. You can imagine the state of some people.

Me getting our sake glasses filled.

Dad and I getting into the sake.

We experienced singing, koto playing, dancing and my favourite taiko (drums). The drummers were very impressive and I absolutely loved watching and experiencing this festival.

2 comments:

Marie said...

My favourite part of the Moon Viewing Festival was the taiko. That is my favourite Japanese instrument!

Lauren said...

I will really miss festivals like this. It is so good how everyone goes and has a good time and it doesn't cost anything!