Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Okinawa: Naha

23rd August, 2007

Marie, Lauren and I had been looking forward to this Okinawa trip for ages and the day finally came for us to actually go. :-) For those of you who don’t know Okinawa is like a tropical island with many smaller islands attached to it.

We arrived in Naha on the first day which is the capital of Okinawa. I had a bit of a rough plane ride and was glad to get off of it. I was so sick that I threw up. Not the best start to our trip but I felt much better once I had got off the plane.

Our hotel was very fancy and nice. We had apparently been upgraded to one of the best rooms in the hotel. It was really nice – probably the best one I have stayed in so far in Japan. Once we dropped our luggage off we put our bathers on straight away and headed to a beach in Naha. Naha isn’t famous for its beaches so we weren’t expecting anything too exciting. We managed to find a small swimming area which wasn’t great to look at but the water was really nice to swim in. Marie and I made the most of it and jumped right in. Lauren decided to just have a laze about on the sand.




After we took a dip we headed to the main street to find something to eat. Okinawa is famous for its steak and seafood and that’s just what we ate. Lauren and I shared a steak and lobster. It was absolutely delicious.

We also tried some ‘Awamori’ which is famous alcohol in Okinawa. I think it is a type of brandy. It was pretty strong but really nice.

After tea we walked up the main street and checked out some of the souvenir shops.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Yeah we went to Okinawa! It was so good - at least the man made beach had clean water!