Thursday, September 13, 2007

Bikes in Japan!!


Bikes are a very big part of Japan. You see people biking all over the place. It is very bike friendly over here as the footpaths are wide and everyone looks out for them. No helmets are required when riding your bike which is nice for a change. Surprisingly not many accidents occur which is good. We use our bikes HEAPS. We ride everywhere we can - it beats catching the bus or paying for parking and you get to exercise too. It’s an easy way for people to get around so why not??!! I just wish Adelaide was more bike friendly. People ride bikes with baskets over here which is something that we are definitely not used to but a very good idea as you can store things in there such as your bag, shopping etc...

Since there are so many people riding bikes they have made underground bike parking for them. It is amazing - when i first saw it I was very shocked - but it definitely is a great idea. Your bike is safe, undercover and it only costs ¥100 to leave it there. I LOVE biking and want to continue it when i get back. Maybe the luxury of a car will get the better of me though!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love my bike! The only problem is that you cant sing outloud or dance a little when you are riding - I have tried it :)