Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Seppico - A Hard Core Climb!!

21st October, 2007

We did it! We managed to climb our way to the top of this mountain! It wasn’t easy I can tell you that much but we soldiered on and made it.


Here is Marie, Harvey, Thomas and I before our climb up.

We caught the bus at 7:40am to begin our 1 hour journey to the bottom of the mountain. The actual climb took us 5 hours in total. The first 20 minutes was killer. I was glad to discover that the whole climb wasn’t as bad as the first 20 minutes. It was very steep and rocky and so chains and ropes were used at times to pull ourselves up or down. As hard as the climb was I really enjoyed the challenge of it and the gorgeous scenery helped to take our minds off the intenseness of this hike.

Check out the steepness of the climb

We managed to get to one of the peaks at a reasonable time so we stopped to have a rest before continuing on to the next peak.

The hike consisted of all different sorts of things: we had to absail down some of the paths, climb rocks, get ourselves through narrow rocks as well as having some nice flat surfaces to walk along. Autumn is coming and you can really see the trees starting to change colour. It is very beautiful. During our hike we also reached a waterfall and were able to see some amazing views from up high.

Here is me using the chain to get up to the next section

Me squeezing through the tiny gap.

The beautiful autumn trees

Here is the second peak we reached. This is where we decided to stop for lunch before hiking our way down.

Some cool trees

A beautiful waterfall that we came to

Marie and I crossing the river

Climbing Mount Seppico was definitely worth having sore legs for and I am really glad that Thomas was able to lead us on this hike. We had a fantastic day on the mountain and if you enjoy hiking I definitely recommend you climb Seppico. It is well worth it.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

wow! I am glad I didn't join you guys! Would have been too hard for me!