Friday, October 19, 2007

An Outing with Yoko

16th October, 2007

I had a nenkyu today so Yoko was kind enough to take me on a little adventure. She organised the whole day for us and it was wonderful! Firstly she took me to see fields and fields of flowers. It was like a rice field only instead of rice there were flowers. Very pretty pinks, purples and whites. It was just absolutely gorgeous and they seemed to just go forever and ever and ever. These flowers are the symbol of autumn.




After we had walked around for a while we decided to head to our next destination which was to climb Mount Takamikura. I had already climbed this mountain previously but this time we went from a different way. I really enjoyed climbing up the mountain. We reached the top with ease and then ate a yummy lunch that Yoko had prepared for us while sitting at the top of the mountain with a gorgeous view.

The shrine at the top of the mountain


After we climbed back down we headed to our final destination which was Suma Rikyu Park. The was another beautiful garden where the main feature was a water fountain.

It also had a a little adventure park for children which I made Yoko play on with me. We felt like BIG kids. It was so much fun because it was like an obstacle course where you you had to pull yourself up with ropes, climb over things, walk over bridges, climb through tunnels, go on flying foxes and slide down slippery dips. I was loving it and I think Yoko was too!!




There was also a little Japanese garden inside this park which was also beautiful.


I had a really relaxing and enjoyable day with Yoko - so much fun!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Yoko is so lovely - lucky you! The flower fields look amazing!