Monday, October 1, 2007

Our 5th Wedding Anniverary

28th September, 2007

Steve and I decided to head off to Nara to spend our 5th anniversary. Nara is so beautiful and was the perfect place to spend this occasion at. I have been to Nara once before but Steve had never been so it was good to go again. We went out for tea on Friday night to a nice Italian restaurant. We ate a set meal which consisted of salad, bread, pasta and pizza and a drink. It was delicious and very filling. After tea we headed to some of the tourist sights as they are lit up at night and very beautiful to look at. It was difficult to take pictures because the camera’s are not so good in the dark so all I have is my memories of that. Once we looked around for a bit we found a purikura machine - YAY!! We then played the drum game which is this really awesome game that I played for the first time. Considering it was my first time I wasn’t too bad. Steve was a lot better than me of course. But i LOVED it and can’t wait to play it again!

The next day we woke up early, had breakfast and headed off to see the sights.
Steve and I in front of the pond

3 storied pagoda

Me infront of Kasuga Shrine with a deer in the background

Steve in front of Kasuga Shrine

Some really beautiful lanterns

Steve and I at one of the temples

I thought the roofs were really interesting. They had little faces on them.

This is the largest bell that I have seen so far.

This was an entrance to someone's house - I thought it looked pretty cool.

This is me in front of a moss covered pond. We thought it looked pretty amazing.

Steve in front of Todaiji Temple where the largest Buddha lies. Yes I did go through the nostril again and this time Steve filmed it.

We had a fantastic day and we can’t wait to head back to Nara again.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Seeing your photos of Nara makes me want to go back there too! I love Nara. I love the temples and the Todaiji Temple is the best one I have ever seen! The only thing I'm glad I missed out on is the purikura. It's ok in small doses, but that's about it! :-)

Lauren said...

You two look like you had a really good time - Nara is very romantic! I might just have to go back there too!!! :)