Friday, May 18, 2007

Unlucky!!

It was a normal school day today. I woke up slightly later than expected but all was ok – I still had time to have a shower and eat breakfast so all was going well. Today was rubbish day – well plastics and paper. I think I must have missed a week or something because I seemed to have a lot of plastic and paper lying around. I collected all the bags ready to head down to put them out. I was going to leave to go to work straight from there so I had my school bag and lunch with me as well. So I was all loaded up. Anyway, I put my rubbish in the correct spot and all was good and then as I was walking to my bike I dropped my keys…….well they didn’t just drop on the footpath did they. They somehow managed to drop into the hole that led to the drain. So there my keys were down the drain. I couldn’t believe it. It wasn’t even a drain that you could lift up to get them out. It was a cement one and it was all set into the footpath. There was no lifting that up. I could see my keys glistening down there but there was no way I could get them out. Fortunately my bike key happened to be on another key ring so I was still able to ride to school. The worst part about it was that Steve had just left to meet his mate Dean and they were going away for the weekend and wouldn’t be back until Monday. So yes he has a key but he wont be home to let me in the house!!! How unlucky is that??

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh NOOOOOO! What luck! I hope the custodian has nother key for you, otherwise you might have to have a sleepover at Marie's!!

Marie said...

That was so funny to see your face when you dropped your keys down there. You were so angry, but all I could do was laugh at you!