Thursday, May 17, 2007

New Fashion!

It looks like the rainy season is on its way. Something that I am definitely NOT looking forward too. I hate being wet so I am going to have to find some way to deal with this season. Apparently it is going to rain pretty much everyday for about a month or so. How annoying!! Remember I ride my bike to the station everyday and then have to walk for 10 minutes to get to school so this is going to be very interesting.

Marie and I got a little taste of it last night on the way to Japanese. It was raining before we left but we did not have time to catch a bus because we left too late so we had to ride. We grabbed our umbrellas and went on our way. Well I opened mine up and some of the plastic bit had ripped apart. Marie was laughing at my deformed umbrella as she had just bought a new one. Well just as she was laughing a strong wind came and turned her umbrella inside out. So much for her brand new umbrella! It was a very funny sight – I had a deformed umbrella and she had an inside out umbrella. We were both wetting ourselves with laughter. As we continued riding my umbrella became more and more deformed until the whole plastic bit fell apart and I was pretty much just left with holding the stem. Marie was cracking up. It was the longest ride to Japanese we had ever had. We got there eventually but we were wet.
As the class went on I could hear the rain getting heavier and heavier. I was not looking forward to the ride home considering that I had no umbrella left. (I threw it in the bin by the way when I got to my class). Lauren was with us for the ride home. We decided to stop at a Lawsons to buy some kind of rain gear. I decided to buy a plastic jacket and pants. Marie bought the same and Lauren bought just the jacket. Well we put on our new clothes straight away ready for the ride home. I thought we looked pretty cool and trendy all decked out in our rain gear!! At least it kept us dry…….. What do you think of our new fashion??



2 comments:

Jodi said...

That's hilarious! I was thinking of you guys when I heard the rain!

Marie said...

Man, I was LOL the entire time I read that post! I can still remember how seeing your umbrella put me in stitches! What a classic!