Thursday, May 24, 2007

Gym Junkies!

Those of you who know Marie and I well would know that we are fitness freaks. Any chance of exercising we can get is fantastic. Before I came to Japan I was exercising 6 times a week. When I came here the gym was too expensive so that went out the window. I could not hack doing no exercise so I have resorted to running and recently I bought a skipping rope so occasionally skip and use a fit ball.

Being the ‘gym junkies’ that Marie and I are, we decided to start up our own aerobics classes in our residence. People were interested and it was very enjoyable. We were soon told that we could not hold the classes in our residence. Everyone was very disappointed. Marie and I were determined to find somewhere to continue the classes. We were on a mission! We did some investigating and some research and finally decided to ask a nearby community centre. After explaining to them what we actually wanted to do they agreed to give us some trial sessions. They even put a note in the newsletter to let the locals know about it. So far we have had 3 sessions which have consisted of about 12-15 people. The sessions seem to be a real goer which is fantastic. The locals love it and it is a good way for us to meet new people while at the same time keeping fit!

Here is a picture of one of our sessions…..

1 comment:

Marie said...

YAY!!! We can do aerobics classes now! I LOVE teaching aerobics classes. They are so much fun! がんばて ください! That means, "FIGHT TO THE VERY END!!"