Thursday, May 10, 2007

Hakata

6th May, 2007

We had minimal time in Hakata but we saw what we could in the time we had. There is a park called Ohori Park which has a really big lake in it. It is fantastic for walking, jogging and riding. It was nice just walking through the park at our leisure. If this lake was in Himeji I would definitely be using it to jog around. There were so many people using the facilities here – it was great!











Just to the side of the park there were the Ohori Park Japanese Gardens which were also beautiful. I think we went in at the right time of the year because everything in the garden was green and lush. It wasn’t a big garden but it was very peaceful and tranquil. We sat down for a while and relaxed before moving on.



















Canal City was one of the major shopping complex’s in Hakata. It was quite interesting actually because it had a canal running through the buildings. Amazingly enough none of us were really in the mood for shopping so we just browsed through the levels and then grabbed a bite to eat before it was time to head back to Himeji.

The last four days were filled with many adventures – I can’t wait to see what our next one will be!!

1 comment:

Marie said...

I loved that lake in Hakata. I wish I had my jogging clothes coz I would have gone for a jog for sure!