Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Yozakura

Night cherry blossom viewing has a special name in Japan – it is called ‘yozakura’. We went a couple of times at night to Himeji Castle to check it out. It was amazingly beautiful. They actually light up the cherry blossoms with coloured lights. Of course photos never do it justice but here is an idea of what we saw. I could have just sat in the castle gardens forever just taking in my surroundings. I just can’t get enough of the cherry blossoms.



















2 comments:

Marie said...

I love yozakura. It is the best time of day to see the cherry blossoms in my opinion. That was a good night enjoying the cherry blossoms under the moonlit, star-covered night sky!

Anonymous said...

These are fabulous photos Tina. You are getting really good at your photography. The cherry clossoms look great at night.