Monday, April 2, 2007

Yokohama - Last Day

31st March, 2007

We had one more day to look around the city of Yokohama before we headed back to Himeji. We were originally going to see Mount Fuji but decided that it was too difficult to get there and that it was best to just head home. So we had about half a day to wonder the streets. We walked in a different direction to where we went the previous days. We came to some beautiful streets lined with Sakura. There were lots of people taking photos and just checking out the scenery – we joined them! It was nice and relaxing.

After a while we had a wonder through a mall and then we decided to head back to the ferris wheel since we now had some more time up our sleeve. That made me happy and put a skip into my step! The ferris wheel was one of the largest in the world. You had a really good view of Yokohama from the top. I’m glad to be able to say that I have been on that ferris wheel!

We arrived back in Himeji feeling very tired after having a full on week in Tokyo and Yokohama. It was a great holiday. Too bad it’s over!

1 comment:

Marie said...

YAY! You finally got on that ferris wheel. I am so happy for you (and for me) because I wouldn't have heard the end of it if you didn't get to go on it!