Friday, June 29, 2007

Whizz Chefs

26th June, 2007

Yoko (Steve’s Japanese practise teacher) Hiromi (Lauren’s Japanese practise teacher), and Fumio organised to come over after aerobics and cook us a Japanese style dinner. 7:30 on the dot and there they were with all their cooking equipment and ingredients rushing into my apartment. They soon took over my tiny little kitchen and began chopping and mixing everything together. It was like a whirlwind and in a flash it was all chopped and mixed ready to cook.



We felt useless just sitting back not doing anything but we didn’t really know what to do or how to help so we just watched and took pictures. I was ok with that! ☺

They had 3 lots of cooking equipment going – 1 grill and 2 takoyaki machines. Takoyaki is little balls filled with octopus and basically anything you want to put in it. We had cheese, spring onions and maybe some other things too. On the grill they made okonomiyaki (a regular Japanese meal for us now). Everything was served with the right sprinkles and sauces and it looked and tasted delicious.









After we ate a mountain of food Lauren had prepared Tiramisu for dessert so we got stuck into that. It rocked!! It was a really enjoyable evening.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I love takoyaki!!!

Unknown said...

That's so cool! I really like takoyaki too, but when I tell people at home about "octopus balls" they seem a bit freaked out. We have a takoyaki maker, I want to make it in America and spread the takoyaki love.

Marie said...

Yum!! I want to eat Lauren's tiramisu again! That was heaps nice!