Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Happy Birthday to Jodi

9th Jun, 2007

Jodi’s birthday is officially on the 18th of June but since June is so full on with exciting things happening she decided to take the opportunity of a free Saturday night and celebrated on the 9th. She had booked the beer garden on top of the Egret Centre.

What’s a beer garden you might ask?? It’s the roof of the Egret Centre which gets decked out with tables and chairs and a buffet which included an all you can drink bottomless stein which you could refill with Asahi Beer, Shochu, Chuhai and of course soft drink and orange juice all for ¥3000. You also get the privilege of an amazing view of the castle at night. It is so beautiful so of course I had to take a billion photos ☺







The buffet and all you can drink lasted from 6pm-9pm so you can imagine the state we were all in by the end. We had a lot of fun and ran a muck with people from our residence as well as new Japanese people that we met along the way.



After the beer garden kicked us out we headed for some traditional karaoke. Some people went bowling while others like me sung their lungs out to a mixture of songs. I never thought that I would love karaoke so much, but I LOVE it!! Look out people because when I come back I will be dragging you to karaoke bars so be prepared to sing sing sing!!!





After we had a blast at Karaoke we headed to our third party which took place in a little bar. It was so tiny but we certainly made it full when we entered. I’m sure the barman would have loved our business. We ended up staying there until 2:30 am which was WAY past the time I wanted to be out to as the next day I had a mountain to climb. What was I thinking??!! I had a blast though.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I love you in that photo of Yuki singing with the his glasses on! It's a classic!

Marie said...

I loved that night. We met so many funny people that night. How funny was that guy who just tagged along and sang karaoke with us! He was really cool! :-)