Friday, June 15, 2007

Happy Birthday to Steve

14th June, 2007

Steve met me at the station after work so that we could go out for dinner for his birthday. We decided to go to a place that we go to quite regularly which is in the mall. I don't know the name of it but their main dish is ‘omerisu’ which is like a kind of omlet wrapped around rice. You can sometimes get a burger or shrimp on top and there is some kind of sauce as well. They also serve spaghetti and gratin (which is like some kind of bake – usually creamy!). Steve and I both decided to have the spaghetti with meat sauce – (Steve’s favourite!!!). We both ordered a melon soda too which is my favourite soft drink in Japan. After tea we headed to Starbuck’s for a coffee, then it was time for Steve to head to his Japanese class so I caught the bus home.

I had bought a chocolate cake so that when Steve arrived home from Japanese we could sing happy birthday to him. We rung mum and dad over the internet and Steve’s mum was there too so we all sung happy birthday together. It was good because we could see each other through the video. Even though we were in Japan we still managed to celebrate Steve’s birthday with the family back home which was nice.





1 comment:

Marie said...

That was a good night. Steve was really happy he got lots of presents from all of us! I loved that chocolate cake you bought. You are lucky I didn't eat it before hand!