Thursday, January 11, 2007

My First Shogai Experience

10th January 2007

Today was my first day at Shogai University. This is a great day because I get the morning off. I don’t start class until 1:00pm and I finish at 4:20. I have 2 one and a half hour lessons with a 20minute break in between. These classes are adults. Most of them are retired of older people. The oldest man was 75 years old. There were a couple that were 70, 65, 60. They actually speak English quite well. They are very keen and enthusiastic which is good and they do exactly what you tell them to do. Both classes that I taught were terrific. Shogai is a 15 minute ride from my apartment block. I rode with an American who knew the way. He said that he would show me a few times so I can get the hang of the route. One of the ladies in the class gave me a Japanese New Years decoration. It was really nice. I hung it in my apartment. I made another trip to the Max Value store last night. I think that shop is going to love us.

No comments: