Thursday, January 18, 2007

Another Train Episode...

I think I have serious issues with trains. I have another funny story to tell…..so again I was on my way home from work. I was cutting it fine to make the train but I was determined to catch it. I got caught up everyway possible. People wanting to talk to me, having a hard time putting my shoes on and then trying to find an umbrella as it was raining. I finally left the school grounds after all that and set off to catch this train. I thought I should start running so that I could make it. So there’s me running in the rain, with my umbrella (a pink one mind you), in my high heel shoes. I must have looked ridiculous. Anyway when I got to the train tracks to cross them the beam was already down. I was really annoyed because I tried so hard to make it. (At least I didn’t get stuck in between the tracks this time). Anyway I looked to see which way the train was coming, it was coming from the other direction. Good I thought, I could still make it, I just had to wait for the beams to come up so I could cross the track. Well when the train wooshed passed the beams did not come up. I looked in the other direction and my train was coming. Damn it I thought I missed it. It was so unfair because I was there but I just couldn’t get across the tracks. I really didn’t want to wait for the next train to come because then that would have meant that I did all of that for nothing. I was still determined to make it. There was a huge pile of cars on either side of the beams waiting to cross the tracks by the way. Anyway I thought “I am going to make it” so I hurdled over the first beam, ran across the track, hurdled over the second beam (by this stage the train had already stopped and was just about ready to close the doors), then I ran to the ticket machine, put my ticket through and managed to just make it onto the train before the doors closed. I was so glad to make it on the train that I didn’t even check if it was the right one. Too late now because the doors had closed and the train was off. So there was me all huffing and puffing trying to ask someone if the train was going to Himeji Station. Thankfully someone understood what I was saying and I was on the right train. PHEW!! How funny would it have looked to all the cars that were piled up watching this girl with a pink umbrella hurdling over the two beams??

No comments: