Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving in Japan!

22nd November, 2007

As I have previously mentioned we live in a building with many American ALT’s and as Thanksgiving is a BIG holiday in America we decided to celebrate it with them this year - Japanese style! We headed to the Blue Plate which is a restaurant that we have been to many times this year to get stuck into a magnificent buffet consisting of a delicious suculent turkey.

This was the first turkey that we have had all year and it was tasty as!! Pretty much everyone from our apartment attended the dinner as well as a few of our other friends. We celebrated with around 30 people.

Everyone was pretty stuffed by the end of it. I myself had 2 and a half plates of food PLUS dessert. That didn’t stop me from having a few cocktails back at our apartment afterwards. It was a good night celebrating with our friends in Japan.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I love Thanksgiving - any excuse to stuff yourself silly and eat yum roast turkey!!

Anonymous said...

Turkey - yummo. What a great excuse to overeat. Wish I had been there.