Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me!!

19th November, 2007

Being able to spend a birthday in Japan was fabulous! Having fantastic people around me to spend it with was even better. I went to work for the day which was not too bad considering work is pretty easy going around here. After school I had English club with 2 girls and we played scrabble. They had just been to Okinawa for a school trip and had both bought me a little present. They didn’t actually know it was my birthday that day but we can just pretend that they gave me a present for it. One girl gave me some biscuits and the other one gave me a snoopy sticky note pad. Very cute and very nice!

I asked Makato to book an Izakaya for dinner. Izakaya’s are the best way to eat with lots of people. There were about 11 of us for dinner and I enjoyed every minute of it. We had good food, good drinks and good company!

After dinner we went back to our house to sing “Happy Birthday!” Lauren was kind enough to bake me a delicious, yummy, tasty banana cake - my favourite!! It even had chocolate icing - YUM-O!! Everyone had a piece and then people went back for more. The whole cake was eaten in one go - that’s how tasty it was.

The delicious cake Lauren made me.

Singing "Happy Birthday"

Cutting the cake.

I'm now 28......

Everyone!

I got some really nice presents from everyone and was totally spoilt!!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Yeah I am glad you had a fantastic birthday - you deserve it! and I am so, so relieved that the cake worked out!