Saturday, August 4, 2007

Anyone for Meat?

I had a little disaster with my freezer. I woke up in the morning to find my freezer door wide open. I didn’t really take much notice so I told Steve and just shut the door. Afterwards Steve checked the stuff in the freezer and told me that it was all defrosted. I couldn’t believe it. I had all this meat, vegetables, pizza and all sorts of stuff in there. It was all defrosted!! Well that day we were off to Okayama and then for the next 4 days we were away in Hiroshima. Now what?? I thought! Well that night Mum, Marie, Lauren and I cooked up a storm. All the stuff that I had in my freezer was cooked. We made chicken schnitzels, meat balls, roast, vegies, rice, pizza and a salad. The funniest thing was that I tried to ask all these people from my building to come over to help us eat it all and no-one was home. Usually everyone is home but when I needed people to be there no-one was there. Don’t worry though between the 6 of us we managed to make a good dent in the food. Everyone got stuck into it. We had a bit left over which we took with us to Hiroshima and made sandwiches out of for the next day. Steve and Dad really enjoyed all the food and I bet were secretly glad that this little disaster happened.

chicken

meatballs

roast

our feast

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh No!!! Lucky you had time to cook it all. What a banquet. It all looks yummy.

Lauren said...

That was crazy! making meatballs was fun!

Marie said...

I'm really glad that your meat defrosted coz i got to eat it all! It tasted delicious! Especially our roast lamb sandwiches we ate for lunch the next day! Those pigeons had a fest with our left-over chicken schnitzels!