Thursday, March 22, 2007

Universal Studios

20th March, 2007

We woke up with lots of energy ready to hit Universal Studios in Osaka, Japan. I absolutely love, love, LOVE theme parks so I was like a little kid at Christmas. We ate our buffet breakfast which was included with our hotel and were on our way. We thought that we picked a really good day to head there as it was a work day, so our theory was that it was going to be fairly quiet. WRONG!!! We got there to find crazy line ups and people everywhere. I don’t think that there is ever a quiet moment in Japan, (and apparently this was a quiet day, I’d hate to see it when it was busy then!). We finally got inside. It looked fantastic. All the sets were very well done. I was in my element. I just wanted to run everywhere but I had to contain myself! There were rides and shows and gimmick stores – it was awesome!

There was the most amazing roller coaster there – probably the best one that I have ever been on. It was called the Hollywood Dream. It was so scary but I loved it. We waited 1 and a half hours to get on it but it was well worth the wait. We went on an ET ride, Jurassic Park, Back to the Future and Spiderman. We saw Shrek in 4D which was amazing. 4D means that you feel things too. This was the first 4D show that I have ever seen – I loved it! We also watched Terminator II in 3D. The line up for each activity was out of control but in parks like these they always are so it was expected. PLUS I wanted to go on as many things as I could so I was prepared to wait. There were a few things that I really wanted to do but we missed because we ran out of time. We did the main things so I was happy. I couldn’t resist buying some sort of souvenir so I bought some ‘Hello Kitty’ ears! Gimmick I know, but they were cute!

We left the park at 9:30pm and we didn’t get home until 1am. It was a long but crazy ride home!

1 comment:

Marie said...

My favourite ride was Spiderman. I loved that ride and it was well worth the wait. I want to go back to Universal Studios, but we get to go to Tokyo Disneyland instead! How exciting!!!