Thursday, December 28, 2006

Hello From Japan - Osaka

26th December 2006

Hello. Today was my first official day in Japan – to be more precise Osaka! We arrived at Kansai airport on the 26th of December where Yujin and his dad Hideo Aminaka met us. We got through customs at the airport without any trouble and our luggage was waiting for us (thank goodness). Yujin’s dad drove us to a 7 eleven so we could send our big bags to our apartments in Himeji. Driving to that 7 Eleven was actually quite terrifying as Yujin’s dad was driving extremely fast – 140km per hour to be precise – so you can imagine Steve, Marie and I freaking out. After we dropped our bags off we were driven to our hotel in Osaka (Metro The 21). We got there safely ☺ We quickly took our bags up to our hotel and then went out to a Japanese restaurant for tea with Yujin and his father. By this stage it was around 12 midnight – you think the streets would be dead…..infact it was the total opposite, it was pumping!! People were everywhere. My first impressions of Japan were exactly as I pictured it – lots of lights and people everywhere.
When we went inside the restaurant we had to take our shoes off and put them inside a little locker and then we sat on the floor on cushions to eat. I ordered a chicken noodle curry dish, Steve ordered a chicken and egg dish and Marie ordered a pork dish. The meals were gigantic and delicious – and although I wasn’t very hungry I managed to eat all of my meal (I’m sure no one would be surprised about that!) We then went back to our hotel for some much needed sleep. It was a fantastic first night in Japan and Yujin and his father were very hospitable and helpful.

No comments: